Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Favorite Post #1: Clip In Extensions

I want my clients to get to know me and I get a lot of people ask me what my favorite products are and since September 13th is my birthday I would like to share 13 of my favorite things. This way you can know what I like best and know a little bit more about your stylist. To start off with my first post this is something that a lot of people don't know about me but it is a huge favorite of mine which are clip in extensions. Here is proof and please don't judge my before picture:)....

Before

After

I absolutely love long hair but ever since I was born my hair grows so stinking slow. So when I finally discovered clip in extensions they became my best friend. I started wearing them about 2 years ago and I go about a year before buying a new set so I just got my third set of these. I have had every method of extensions and these work for me best cause I am one that loves to scrub my head in the shower and not have to worry about extensions getting in the way.
Now with clip in extensions you put them in every morning after you straighten your hair and take them out every night before bed. To some it seems like a lot of work but for me it is apart of my routine now. I tell my clients who get any kind of extensions to give it a week to get use to them then you will absolutely love them. I wash these once a week but I was my real hair every other day. It is good for the extensions to get the natural oils from your real hair so thats why I go a week before washing them. I then lay them out on a towel to air dry and you can straighten them or curl them. I take my round brush to them on low heat before I straighten them to give them a little bit of body. I also use heat protectant on them cause they can get split ins just like your real hair does.
These extensions come in 14 inch and 18 inch. I charge $150 for the 14 inch and $180 for the 18 inch. They will last you a year if you take great care of them and they too need trims like your real hair does. They don't come in every single hair color so it is an extra $30 if I have to color the hair. With this price I get the extensions, label them, teach you how to put them in and cut them to blend your hair.
I love these and if you are thinking of wanting longer hair but not the hassle or the expense of bead lock extensions then these are for you!

No comments: